Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Before, during, and after

The time has come for Mandie to part with her beautiful show coat.  It causes me some anxiety to make the first cut since I labor over keeping her groomed for so long.  But then I think about what a nice pair of mittens her fiber might make and that inspires me to get the job done.





Shearing the belly.  Doesn't everybody have a cat to help them do this?  Morty would rather I put the scissors down and pet him.


Yikes!  Naked bunny.


Ooooh..  Doesn't it make your mouth water all that angora?  There was approximately 4 oz of prime fiber.

Viola!  Like magic I have it spun up in this semi worsted weight hank. 

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

this is a good illustration of the process. i am impressed. i know what you mean about not wanting to cut a prime coat. it pain me too

a striver for sanity said...

Amazing! With all this practice, John should let you cut his hair too!