Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hats!

Sometimes I can be so manic.  There are times I just can't get motivated to do ANYTHING and other times there is no stopping me.  This past week I finished spinning, dying, and knitting these two hats.  The first hat is a skull cap made of 100% angora dyed using pink lemonade Kool-aid.


This hat is 50% angora 50% baby alpaca dyed using walnut hulls I found on the property.  I used a 50/50 blend hoping the hat would have more 'memory' since the brim gets folded up on this one.  Plus, it's for my dad and I don't think he would like walking around wearing a very lofty angora hat- too girly.



Currently, I am working on a scarf which should be finished shortly.  I prefer scarfs, you don't have to worry about how they fit:)

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

These are both very pretty and soft looking.