Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bluebirds, Barn Swallows, what next??

We have really been fortunate this year with the different sort of birds we have been able to attract.  I am happy to report the Bluebird babies were successfully raised and fledged last week.  They may come back for another nest so we keep our fingers crossed we will be lucky once again. 



Last photo taken before fledging. 


Yesterday we noticed a lot of bird activity on the patio and were quite surprised to see a Barn Swallow scoping out the area for a possible nest site.  And the crazy thing is she decided to build a nest right on the patio lights above the back door!  How is that a proper site?  My house is hardly a barn so the Mrs. and I will have to agree to disagree on how logical her choice is.  Not sure I like all the 'swooping' action but she hardly seems bothered by any of our presence.


Laying the foundation.  Mud.


Working, working, working.


"I'm such a pretty bird, you wouldn't evict me, would you?"


1 comment:

Somerhill said...

A word to the wise; don't put a chair under that light. :^)